Lefton Lost Lights Collection, Bishop & Clerks, Massachusetts
Lefton Lost Lights Collection, Bishop & Clerks, Massachusetts

Lefton Lost Lights Collection, Bishop & Clerks, Massachusetts, #13549

Your Price: $46.95
Part Number:0813549
Lefton Lost Lights Collection, Bishop & Clerks Lighthouse, Massachusetts

Built in 1857 to mark a dangerous ledge three miles off Port Gammon near Hyannisport, the 70 foot tower was damaged and abandoned after a severe storm in 1935. At the turn of the century, it gained fame from numerous newspaper stories about it's keeper, Charles Hinkley, who maintained the light from 1881 to 1919. At 4 feet 9 inches tall, he was the shortest lighthouse keeper in the United States Lighthouse Service, and perhaps the world. In 1952, the Coast Guard, stating that the damaged tower was a threat to mariners, blew up the lighthouse, and another part of American lighthouse history disappeared forever.

  • #13549
  • 6-1/4" tall, including wood base
  • Wood base, with nameplate.
  • Base is 4-3/4" x 4"
  • Polyresin
  • Includes decorative tin.
  • By Lefton